Today, we’re introducing templates for software map styles. The Aplas style system can be challenging to master, but it can also be rewarding when done right. Our new style templating system provides a starting point for many common use-cases and can be a great way to build your understanding through example.
Who is it for?
Anyone seeking to tell stories upon a software landscape. This might be to inform or persuade an audience upon anything related to software architecture. You may be seeking to use an out-of-the-box style using the best visualisation practices, or looking for a starting point for your own bespoke style.
The new templates
In our initial release, we’ve included 9 unique templates, covering a wide range of business use-cases. Each template uses our best-practices for building clear, functional styles based on common industry use-cases.
Includes base layers that are a good place to start for most styles.
App Risk Rating
Template that highlights the risk rating of each app.
App Business Criticality
Use for enterprise architects looking to colour applications based on their business criticality attribute.
App Functional Fit
Useful for enterprise architecturs looking to colour applications based on their functional fit attribute.
App Technical Fit
Useful for enterprise architects looking to colour applications based on their technical fit attribute.
Brings together LeanIX attributes of functional/technical fit with criticality.
Review the completion % and quality seal of LeanIX application fact sheets.
Financial view that extrude application cylinders to show cost in 3D.
App Hosting Location
Infrastructure template that highlights the hosting location of each app.
How it works
Create a new style using a template, then customise using the style designer.
- Open studio style area and click to create a new style.
- Enter the basics, name and index.
- Select your template from the list.
- Select light or dark theme.
- (Optional) map custom fields. Hint: if you're using our sample index data, fields will map automatically.
- Open the style designer and review for any mapping issues. For example, if you have a different set of risk severity levels to our sample data, you will need to track down the layer that maps value to colour to make the appropriate updates.
- Publish our stylemap inteface to share with your organization.